Discuss REGULAR BOILER HELP (HEADER TANK IN LOFT) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Looks fine should sort it self out over a week under normal operation
Ive had the issue with this hot tap and air in the systen ever since I installed the sink and tap, but had noticed a small leak on the hot line hence why i replaced some of the hot water feed pipe, hoping this would solve the problem. The install was done around three months ago and the tap is used daily so I dont think its going to right itself. Ive have a feeling it may have something to do it with being a high pressure tap on a low pressure system?? The flexi's are so restrictive, the old skin didnt have a mixer tap it was two seperate taps and the flex pipes were alotless restrictive.

And by your own admission you are a DIYer so I would use a bung and do it the professional way

And by your own admission you are a DIYer so I would use a bung and do it the professional way
If I remember right, on mine the tank connector has internal ribs, to take a key when installing, so a bung wouldn't work. And some have raised lugs on the flange for same reason, and on that type my method wouldn't work. Horses for courses. My method works fine on my system, DIY-er or not.

That’s fine and I’m not criticising I just wouldn’t risk it in a paying customers home

Plunger works well or a pointy carrot / piece of wood if your in an emergency

Reply to REGULAR BOILER HELP (HEADER TANK IN LOFT) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock