Discuss Recommend me a blow torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ads

Hi Guys,
Got a cheap blow torch at the moment, gas is running out.

I'm planning on fitting a new bathroom etc later this year. I'm thinking I'll be better off buying a better torch as I know I will be soldering joints under floor boards.

I current torch is fine until you tilt it close to 90 degrees then it flames out. Obviously I'm not a pro, so don't want to shell out loads of money on a torch that I'm probably only going to use a few times a year.

Can anyone recommend a half decent torch for soldering 15 /22mm pipe under the floor?

I guess most people will recommend the Rothenberger. But mine will probably only be used a few times during the house renovation. Are there any others maybe a little cheaper that are up to the job?

Cheers
Adam

Know you said not rothy but the superfire 2 is my weapon of choice. Try eBay you will often find a bargain. And as long as you store it away from your flux it'll last yonks

Draw to this one for some reason

giphy_zpsdmzk1vod.gif

You mentioned the problem with cheap tourches,they go out when tipped ect,,go for a superfire,it may cost more but look after it and you will find you will be able to sell it easily to get a lot of the cost back once you have finished with it

I'm using this one at the moment, cheaper than a rothy and not a bad torch at all imo.
Am I imagining it or does this one give a really fine flame. I was thinking about getting one for more controlled soldering

There's a bold claim :wink:

Boot fair season is upon us get out there I must of sold half a dozen in varying conditions last year for pittance.

if you can't find one of them you'll pick up a paraffin torch on eBay for £10 was good enough back in the day ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommend me a blow torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Superfire 2 is now leaking gas from the pressure relief hole ( just below the trigger). It is 14 months old and looks like new. The previous...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I thought I'd come to the experts and see if anyone is installing and/or recommending the use of any Smart TRV valves? Particularly in...
Replies
Views
I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My customer needs a new water heater/boiler - preferably electric. (Getting the gas pipe through to the desired location is a bit of a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock