Search the forum,

Discuss UFH seems to have a problem in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years.

But for the last few weeks, one of the systems doesn't seem to be running most of the time. Essentially the UFH does "work", in that I can turn the thermostat right up, and hot water cycles around. But the issue seems to be that the underfloor temperature probe is returning figures that are higher than expected, and rise very quickly once the system is on. Meaning that the thermostat shuts down the UFH pretty quickly after coming on, and the floor slab doesn't actually heat up as it is supposed to.

I happened to have a replacement (and identical) thermostat here, for another install we're doing, so I tried swapping that out, but no joy - the same very fast rise in floor temperature.

I was wondering how likely it is that the temperature probe itself has failed? Does this ever happen?

I'm also slightly suspicious about the pump (Wilo Yonos)... this does audibly start up and it vibrates during operation, but it doesn't seem to make as loud a "pumping noise" as the pump in the other cottage. But I might be imagining it!

Any other ideas??

Thanks

If you can add up the total flowrate by adding up the individual loop flowmeter rates and reading off the manifold flow/return temps ( if thermometers installed) then the output can be calculated which may help.
What mode/setting is the Wilo on?.

Reply to UFH seems to have a problem in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock