Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 365 solid fuel - problem when power cut no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mazzie

Hi, had my solid fuel Rayburn year ago, runs radiators and has Eco boiler in bedroom and another tank up in attic. Originally central heating was calor gas, I have kept this going so I can top up my radiators and in the summer when Rayburn off I switch over to the gas boiler for my hot water. All was ok until I had my first power cut when I had no hot water. I expected the radiators not to work but thought the hot water would be OK. This sent me into a panic as the water was getting hotter with no outlet so I ran the Rayburn down until it went out. Not ideal if it was minus 10 outside and the whole point of the Rayburn is to have independent source of heating. The plumber has come back scratching his head and gone away to think about what to do.. Anybody know what the problem is, if wrong connection etc? I am imagining me going to work, power cut and the hot water getting hotter and hotter - will it blow!!!!! My dogs are left in the house! Don't know if it is dangerous. Any advice, mad woman from Wales. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn 365 solid fuel - problem when power cut no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock