Discuss Rad valves and bung kits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah only open and do one rd valve at a time, been using them years, my dad introduced me to then years ago. Especially handy when on an emergency call out at 10pm when someones decided a floorboards sqeaking, and hammered a nail straight into a heating pipe ! Yeah ball valve can stick on a conventional drain down and yes you can hear it, but what about when you end up with air lock problems at night on a call. Do it, do it.

Whats the problem? Theory! Bung will make a vacum on the installation, as long as you open up one part at a time. Done it loads of times, saves introducing new inhiditor and time on the job. Just make sure you have a vacum on the system. Bung in the cold feed & bung in the open vent. Ive even changed a 3 port valve doing this. Yes you get a little bit back, not to much.

just never used them thats all may give them ago

Hi all - just a quick update. Had the six valves to change today AND THEY WHERE ALL SEALED SYSTEMS!!!!!!RESULT!!!! So never had the chance to use the bung, I was just contemplating it as i'm now on price work. However for the sake of saving a few minutes on a job I think I'll just stick to the trusted hose!

Thanks for all of your response's. I honestly really appreciate it, its nice to see people helping each other in this world for a change

Many thanks

Tom

Use the bungs all the time....no problems so far(touch wood). I also use them to plug feed/vent on CWSC if gate valve seized and no isolation valve on hot outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rad valves and bung kits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back