Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Question regarding tubes on van roofs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guy

Hi everyone I have seen an awful lot of plumber vans with tubes on roof brackets; obviously for transporting copper pipes etc. Is there anywhere I can go to get these fitted? I asked a mate of mine about his but he did his himself but he's not interested I'm helping me even though I've offered to pay him. Can anyone help? I'm on dudley.

Come on Guy, surely being a plumber you can fit a bit of pipe to your van?

the tubes come with the brackets. i bought one of those rhino tubes off ebay and all fittings are supplied with it.

steve

It's changing the radiator that gets me. Piece of cake to fit a boiler in the back or solar panel ...

110mm 3meters 2x 110 clips 1x coupler 1x end socket 1x screw on end cap . 1x m12 screw . Bobs your unkle. :)

piece of 110 soil pipe 2 end caps and a tube kit from halfords 1/4 the price of a rhino, no locks required as theyll only nick the whole van anyway

Hi guy I`m glad to see you got some great advice here But I wondered why you said a mate of yours wont help even though you offered to pay him I hope what goes around comes around when he needs your help:mad:
regards turnpin:)

Cut pipe lengths smaller and use more couplings.

We did. The problem is, putting a Rhino on the roof advertises you have got copper pipe and perhaps other goodies on board.

Get a "Trannie" you can usually get a decent length of pipe in one of them.

it does worry me when a plumber has to ask how to fit a pipe rackprobably his a brain surgeon who has taken a crash course cos the sun said the wages were better
do brain surgeons read the sun ?

Come on Guy, surely being a plumber you can fit a bit of pipe to your van?
Yeah, that's not a problem but i wasn't sure how to go about it all like where to get all the stuff i need.

piece of 110 soil pipe 2 end caps and a tube kit from halfords 1/4 the price of a rhino, no locks required as theyll only nick the whole van anyway
Thanks for the replies guys these all make sense now!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the soil pipe job on mine, got a glue in blank and a screw on cap from a local plumbers merchants, some brackets out of the shed and a second hand roofrack from a garage off a van that was being scrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question regarding tubes on van roofs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock