Discuss Question about opentherm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi guys

Im thinking of buying a nest thermostat. I am aware my boiler is opentherm compatible. Im particularly interested in the way the boiler runs using opentherm. After installing this thermostat I decide do not like the way opentherm works, would it be easy as switching opentherm off from the nest settings or will it be wired in a way I would have to get it re-wired/changed?

Is is more efficient cheaper to run it via opentherm?
It's designed to interlink as an open therm device. It baffles me as to why anyone would want to do anything different. You will have a huge scope of settings to tailor the outputs and timings to pretty much any of your requirements.

@gingalig

So you would definitely recommend opentherm?
Your installer will look very confused if you try and suggest anything different, and would probably charge considerably more if they agreed to do it. If you really want more control or savings maybe consider evo home or drayton wiser. Nests are good though and very user friendly.

Last edited:

Reply to Question about opentherm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock