Search the forum,

Discuss prv discharge pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

been to quote a job today and its going to be a right mere to run the prv pipe to outside can you discharge it internally into a soil stack if you have a tundish ?

i have seen it done to a little tank with a lid in the bottom of the airing cupboard - done by a big firm, and apparently they reckoned they had approval to do this. anyone else come across this?

its possible. Its done in alot of flats and basement installations. You may require building control permission.

I know it can be done on uvhws. But for a boiler I'm sure you have to go outside

have worked on site a block of flats where each flat had a worcester gs 24 junior combi and everyone had tundish then into hepvo trap then onto soil stack , all passed by build control.

sorry i think ive just totally misread the op, i was thinking condensate, worth a look for condensate stuff tho.

you can get a combined condense blow off pump but they cost around 180 squids.

and how does the condensate combine with the blow off, with condensate being acidic, i.e what type of pipe is it run through?

and how does the condensate combine with the blow off, with condensate being acidic, i.e what type of pipe is it run through?

condensate requires non metallic, blow off requires pipe capable of taking high temp, so its just about choosing the right type of plastic to suit the blow off temp

i have seen it done to a little tank with a lid in the bottom of the airing cupboard - done by a big firm, and apparently they reckoned they had approval to do this. anyone else come across this?

seen a condense pump advertised to take condense and prv but i am not convinced its correct.

been to quote a job today and its going to be a right mere to run the prv pipe to outside can you discharge it internally into a soil stack if you have a tundish ?

some boiler manufacturers do a remote prv kit.

I think a lot of the condense pumps will now take the prv too. You may have to contact the manufacturer, but some will allow a remote prv providing the prv on the boiler is correctly dealt with. That's either by using their kit they supply or repiping it in to the system. You can't just plug/cap it off.

Worcester allow this I argued with my manager about it until he showed me it in writing from manufacturer that we had sent direct from worcester. It has to be suitable for the temperatures so F+E tank with lid and an air gap.

They use f and e cisterns for solar prv's. Stops the glycol from entering the water table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to prv discharge pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can a kitchen sink discharge pipe starting at 60 cm height run for 4.5m, then join another sink discharge pipe at 51cm height, then continue for 11m discharging at 35cm height? I have kitchen-to-be 4m x 3m. doorway at 7 o’clock. Mini-sink at 5 o’clock. Main sink at 1 o’clock. Pipes run goes...
Replies
Views
G
Just discovered water is constantly dripping out of the tundish (noticed from the overflow pipe outside dripping…) I beleive it’s coming from the prv as I appear to have a drip under that too and water dripping in tundish is cold. I’ve also discovered after finding this forum that I probably...
Replies
Views
GrahamSE1
G
Hi - I have a Telford's Tristar Thermal store with a Caleffi 533..h PRV set to 3 bar. The PRV doesn't appear to be drop tight, so static rises from 3 bar to 5.6 bar when no flow. When I had the thermostat replaced on the cylinder recently the plumber doing the job suggested I should...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now connected to the mains water feed supply and the water tanks in the attic have been disconnected (each flat has a combi gas boiler). My question is the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock