Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure & hard water issue in 2nd floor flat - options? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kunid

I recently bought my first property, a top (2nd) floor flat in a detached Victorian townhouse.

We're experiencing problems with cold and hot water pressure in the bathroom (seems acceptable in the kitchen). Cold water dribbles out, whilst the hot comes out at medium pressure.

We have a cold water tank in the loft and the previous owner has fitted a new boiler in the loft as well. The system also includes a pump for the hot water, primarily for the radiators, although I'm guessing it serves all the hot water as the sound of the hot water running in the bathroom is different.

I'll obviously be looking to hire a plumber soon to investigate, but I want to check with the knowledgeable folk here what my options are - is it possible that I will be looking at fitting a pump to the cold water + better pump for the hot water?

I'd like to also fit a water softener in the loft - being in London we get a lot of hard water! How could that effect things?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but I think this is one of those questions to which the only answer is "get a plumber in", without a proper investigation I doubt if anyone would want to give you advice for fear of getting it wrong and maybe costing you money unnecessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure & hard water issue in 2nd floor flat - options? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The hot water tank I believe is a closed system but is on the same level as the bath. Therefore as you might guess the water pressure at the bath even on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock