Discuss Power shower not working / Hot water not coming on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rogar1

Hi, Hi, I noticed my power shower stopped working the other day so I decided to take a bath instead, however, I noticed my hot water was not coming on either. I use an immersion heater only, have no gas in the house. The immersion heater is connected to a timer plug (as I have economy 7) which has a LED light to show when it is on, the light isn't coming on when I switch to override (so I assume this lack of power is the fault?) Does anyone have any thoughts I can try today before I call a plumber out when I get paid as my Mrs is pregnant and needs a bath. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Edit: I should add that when I say power shower isn't working, no water is coming out at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you check the fuse board could of tripped

Hi, Apologies I should have mentioned. I've checked the fuse box and all appears OK. I've also check the fuse which is located next to the immersion heater (when the timer plug connects to) Edit: I should add that when I say power shower isn't working, no water is coming out at all

Last edited by a moderator:
what type of hot water tank have you got? direct with cold tank in loft or combination cylinder with small tank on top.

Hi, I believe it is direct from the loft (there is a big black tank filled with water in the loft).

Do you have hot water from any of your other taps eg sink tap in bathroom. Or any water out of the hot tap?

If you have cold water coming out of the hot taps you need an electrician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power shower not working / Hot water not coming on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock