Search the forum,

Discuss potterton p[rofile 100e flame lift burner cut out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello All,

today has been one of those days!
arrived to service a potterton profile 100e and found a lot of rust dust in boiler so decided to strip down, remove burner and clean thoroughly.
i reassembled and fired up boiler.

there was a fault evident in that
1- the boiler goes through start up sequence and burner fires up BUT then burner shuts down with in 5 seconds or less.
2- pilot remains lit and spark starts again and burner ignites BUT shuts down again after a couple of seconds.
3- this cycle continues without any lockout of boiler.
4- when looking through sight glass the burner flame (at first) looks clean and sharp but then seems to wash out or possibly lift.
5- burner has been removed twice and cleaned , checked for cracks etc
6- components such as fan, pressure switch, boiler stat and over heat reset switch all shorted out one at time but boierl still behaves in same way?
7- guys any help would be much appreacuited

thanks

DD368

DD, can you send your gsr details to Mr Doberman or Redsaw please mate? This can't be answered in open forum you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton p[rofile 100e flame lift burner cut out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Wondering if anyone can offer any clues please // Potterton Promax 18 // Had an E1 error code, repressurised via with filling loop // Boiler fires but now the pressure runs up from 1.5 mark in the green up to 2.5 in the red then flicks off. // Error code again // Once held in reset for...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
My Worcester greenstar compact burner green light is only firing up for 5 seconds then cutting out. Anyone got any ideas before I call an engineer out. Incase it’s something simple.
Replies
Views
N
Have this boiler since last November and have given up on the installer and have another person coming this week. Supplier here in Ireland came out and said there was an issue with the flue install (it's in the attic and exits through the roof close to the chimney). Old installer who has done...
Replies
Views
noxyireland
N
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock