Discuss Potterton 5122147 Heat Exchanger question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dles1966

Hi All,

Just about to replace the heat exchanger on my Potterton Promax Combi 28 HE plus.

The part number is 5122147.

There is a rear plate of insulation in the back of the heat exchanger which has a thin plastic protective film over it, which I presume needs removing before fitting but there does not seem to be any way to take the insulation out. The boiler installation and Service Manual shows a small screw in the centre but my replacement (and the original, leaking/rusty one do not have this screw).

Does anyone know how to remove this rear insulation?

Worst case is I can take the original to bits as it is useless but I would prefer to know before I start the job.

Thanks

This question should be in the private gas safe section.
If you are gsr then you will need to contact Admin to gain access to the forum.

This is not a DIY job.
This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton 5122147 Heat Exchanger question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock