Search the forum,

Discuss plumbing on a boat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timmyjane

Hi All

I'm looking to buy kitchen tap, basintaps, bath mixer and shower for a canal boat. It will have a 19 litre pressurised system installed with a calorfier. We have to put in sanitary ware. I am presuming that most fittings I am looking at will need low pressure taps. Was looking at a combined bath mixer shower and have seen some at that operate from 0.1 bar. So what taps would anyone recommend for this situation and should I seperate the shower operation from the bath taps.

also going to hire the boat out and know to buy known quality brands for hopefully high volume use. But appart from Grohe and Hansgroer which are too expensive (although watching ebay) what other taps would you recommend? Are ideal standard good as seen some nice gear at very good price. Heard Bristan are good.

Also am presuming any standard sanitary ware will do (apart from toilet), is that correct.

Thanks for any advice you give.

:daisy:

you dont necessarilyb need low pressure taps look at the pressure your pump gives and pick taps to match,boat calorifiers can be high pressure but low capacity low pressure taps could draw to much water you may find it benifical to fit flow limiters

Thanks - I'll check with builder what pressure we can expect, had just presumed would be low, thankfully not bought anything yet, but was close tonight (ebay) on a grohe low pressure one. They take a day or so to get back to me with queries so thought I'd ask here. Clearly cant skip that step.

Id reccomend plastic sanitaryware, fittings and pipe due to their buoyancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing on a boat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some horror stories about these bursting / leaking so would prefer rigid fixings like the existing ones they are replacing. I'm looking to purchase this...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All - Apologies for what is probably a very sill question but I am trying to get a shower that attaches to my existing bath taps. I want one with an over head shower head and a hand held one but they all seem to come with thermostatic taps that involve drilling into the wall to plumb in. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is fundraising to restore a local pub into a community hub (and also a pub). The pub which is The Hop Pole in Limpley Stoke is in the middle of the village and it's been closed for about 4 years but the local community have raised enough money to buy it...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon. Just wondering if it would be fine to connect an electric shower to the balanced cold supply from an unvented cylinder. Replacing an old Bath mixer tap with the shower hose built into it. Regards
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock