Discuss Plumb centre robbing sods! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only use two merchants, days of chasing a £5 saving on a boiler are gone for me. I value good service and being able to call up and ask for a delivery time and it actually arriving on time. I stopped using one merchants after two promised "first drops" of the day on the delivery lorry turned up at 12pm and 1pm. Both times it was the start of a big install and all materials were being delivered which resulted with me and a subby being limited on what work we could do. So it cost me money. Williams are now my first choice of merchant, as I trust my local branch to follow through on what they say.

I only use two merchants, days of chasing a £5 saving on a boiler are gone for me. I value good service and being able to call up and ask for a delivery time and it actually arriving on time. I stopped using one merchants after two promised "first drops" of the day on the delivery lorry turned up at 12pm and 1pm. Both times it was the start of a big install and all materials were being delivered which resulted with me and a subby being limited on what work we could do. So it cost me money. Williams are now my first choice of merchant, as I trust my local branch to follow through on what they say.

If it was only £5 I would go straight away but it's more like £60+vat otherwise I would just leave them like a shot and tell them to go eff themselves.

My problem with Williams is getting it delivered, on larger jobs it's not a problem as I can get it delivered to site but when I am on smaller jobs I lose half a day. Although saying that aspray had changed the driver and the last bloke turned up on site whilst I was still at home dropping the kids off at the pool at 7:40!!!

I got a crate of stella from my last delivery from Rays mob , don't even get a tea cosy from plumb centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumb centre robbing sods! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have been having quite a lot of blockage issues with the sink waste pipe and so decided to take the waste pipe to the drain...
Replies
Views
Now sorted... don’t bother reading this stupid long post. Hi, I’ve got a bit of a head scratcher here and wondered what you guys would make of...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock