Discuss Please help, radiators not working correctly. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frab

I have just moved into a house with a five year old boiler. I have found that there are two radiators which are getting heat going into them from the pipe, but it is not circulating to the radiator atall. One radiator is downstairs and the other is upstairs. They are the only two radiators without a temp regualtor on them. I have bled all radiators in the house and tried the hitting the pipes hard method but to no prevail...! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It needs balancing i would get a plumber in its not an easy job sometimes.

Turn all radiators of except the 2 that don't get hot and see if they get hot.

thanks JC Plumb, it was done due to someones advise, have you any other ideas?

Best advice is get a plumber in, post on the looking for plumber section on here so you get someone who knows how to sort it and not a cowboy, or ask a family member if they recommend someone. It will be worth it trust me especially with it dropping below zero the coming days.

I will have a look, thanks for your help. Would these be normal spanner type bolts?

I'd go with Thoggys suggestion above and get someone in, please don't use spanners on anything in the meantime ;)
I'm guessing this is something a plumber could sort out in no time and wouldn't be costly.

if one pipe to the rad is getting hot and the pipe the other side is cold you have no flow so open with the head or if stiff take the plastic cap off and open the valve with a pair of grips or a ajustable should do the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help, radiators not working correctly. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking for some advice on how to remove this radiator value to check if the pin is stuck. I have two similar values in the house where...
Replies
Views
Back