Discuss Personalised number plates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetdrip

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
This morning, I spotted Leo’s van in my street. Grabbed my camera to take photo of Leo’s van’s reg plate.
Alas, he was gone before I could take picture. Still, I had lunch to myself.

This morning, I spotted Leo’s van in my street. Grabbed my camera to take photo of Leo’s van’s reg plate.

Was it D1K H3AD ??

Na, though you'd have thought so.

His name. Must have been a bugger to find said plate.

Personalised number plates are two a penny.....how about a personalised address...........i live in Gascons grove.......and just waiting for the quips about the cons bit.

2015-04-23 21.01.00.jpg

I forgot that was your street, I was under the kosh. Loads of little jobs on, didn't get finished until 6! My sister found the plate whilst looking for one for herself. It was supposed to go on my car, but wifey refused to drive a car with my name on it.

I forgot that was your street, I was under the kosh. Loads of little jobs on, didn't get finished until 6! My sister found the plate whilst looking for one for herself. It was supposed to go on my car, but wifey refused to drive a car with my name on it.

She's probably regretting taking your name in the first place!

Personalised number plates are two a penny.....how about a personalised address...........i live in Gascons grove.......and just waiting for the quips about the cons bit.

There's a place along the a272 called plumbers something or other I forget the full name but noticed it when driving through a while back

So, show the guys a picture of your plate:)

Once saw G0BBLE on a sports car driven by an attractive lady whose better years were behind her.

A pal of mine had OBO 10X on his bike, which is quite funny but I have never really thought of them . I might look for PI55 OFF

A pal of mine had OBO 10X on his bike, which is quite funny but I have never really thought of them . I might look for PI55 OFF

Pretty sure DVLA have cottoned on to that one and withdrawn it along with PEN 1S

I don't think so, the DVLA system is useless. My nephew passed bike test in 1998 he sent his license off for a change of address his license came back with no motorcycle entitlement on it. It took about 4 hand written letters and 19 thousand emails to re-instate it. The computer doesn't know if it says $$$$$$$ or ^^^^^^^^^ its a computer

I don't think so, the DVLA system is useless. My nephew passed bike test in 1998 he sent his license off for a change of address his license came back with no motorcycle entitlement on it. It took about 4 hand written letters and 19 thousand emails to re-instate it. The computer doesn't know if it says $$$$$$$ or ^^^^^^^^^ its a computer

That example can and does happen a lot however when DVLA realised the plates were selling for high money they combed through the system and now sell them themselves to raise dosh and any plate deemed unsuitable for the public highway was and has always been withdrawn plus any plate can be withdrawn at any time by them.

Should of kept a photo copy then.

Saw a ferrari in hammersmith a good few years back with TOS53R......i wonder if that was withdrawn.

Saw a ferrari in hammersmith a good few years back with TOS53R......i wonder if that was withdrawn.

If it was deemed to be not in good taste (or something like that) and say the guy got a ticket for say speeding the DVLA would first send a letter telling him to revert the plate back to how it was issued but they can withdraw a plate which they issued in the first place, at the end of the day you never actually own the plate just the right to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Personalised number plates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I hope that someone can provide some guidance on something I can’t figure out how it is done Essentially my plumber has put in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I've just had my annual maintenance check on my boiler (in title), it will be 8 years old in May this year and is (I think) still under...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock