Discuss Overhead drench shower - best way to fit through ceiling? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

realstokebloke

I am fitting an overhead drench shower with a biggish shower head to come through the ceiling.

(I have done a couple of other posts elsewhere asking about the pipework & the CWSC - so thanks for all help there.)

It has to have a short ceiling arm (as the ceiling is relatively low and i have a raised tray). it is this one:

Search Results

(Think this is 1/2 inch.)

So i drill through the ceiling and attach it to some copper pipe with compression fittings i assume.

I was then going to put a noggin at right angles across and screw on a compression backplate elbow to it - so it's all sturdy & solid.

Then run the pipe up to that vertically.

Then at the feed in 'end' of the elbow (the horizontal), i was going to run either 15mm pipe (copper or PEX) with an iso valve or run a flexi across from the shower mixer feed, about 0.5 mtr away.

Does that sound like a plan?

Or a receipe for disaster?

All pointers gratefully received, thanks.

oh and there was a bit of a can i or cant i at the merchant for usings one of these but the shower manufacturer at the time said since there is no pressure to the head once the valve is turned off there should be no problem

hope you get it sorted mate

:iagree: I always do them using this fitting, it makes it easy-peasy.

ive seen a few with a sticker saying not for mains pressure but sold as a garden tap kit ! that one always stumped me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overhead drench shower - best way to fit through ceiling? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back