Discuss overflow prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tel

hiya changed ballvalve on overflowing dom tank recently , just been back to it this morning with same problem ,there is no boiler in house but there is a old proscot stat and an old hotpoint water heater on cylinder could there be a problem with stat or heater not turning off and how do i find out or do i ring a sparks

any advice please

does the stat click when you move it through its temp range? if it does then check for it switching the immersion on/off using a multi meter. If it is jammed on it will need replacing, best get a sparks/plumber in to do the repairs and confirm all is well

I had a problem like that on a job it was a shower valve passing mains into the hot side defective none return in shower

After the second phonecall from the cutomer you begin to think your losing the plot:)

like when the coil goes on a cylinder had 2 in one week
Big problem and more likely to happen when new pressurised system fitted to old cylinder, much more difficult to prove than with open vented system also.
Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to overflow prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock