Discuss Overflow cover plate removal help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmackay85

Hi all,

I have just registered here and new to the forum. I am having difficulty figuring out how I remove my overflow cover plate, there is a hole in it which I expected to see a set screw or allen screw, however just looks like a solid sqaure?

Please see attached photos, any help appreciated.

Attachments

• SAM_0252.jpg
    SAM_0252.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 39
  • SAM_0253.jpg
    SAM_0253.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 43
  • SAM_0254.jpg
    SAM_0254.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 39
Line the hole up so it points down. You'll see a screw or Allen key which will take the head off.

Thanks for the quick reply, when I turn it in any direction the square inside orientates with the cover plate.

I had one and took loads of pulling and pushing movement , eventually it will come will the help of a chisel behind the main handle, ease it off evenly though.

Howsie has answered what you need to do,
Chisel. !!!!!!!!!!!! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overflow cover plate removal help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just tried to repair a very old Mira 8 shower unit. However, when trying to remove the brass cover plate it's completely scaled up and...
Replies
Views
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock