Search the forum,

Discuss Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 dismantling instruction in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking.
Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from.
What I've done so far.
I replaced the cartridge. Leak persisted.
Bought some replacement seals and tried to put in place of the old ones.
Here's what I did next.
Remove tap handle as before removed cartridge and that's as far as I can get.
Try as I might I can't unscrew the Cartridge containment body from the base plate.
Does anybody have practical experience of replacing these seals.
A step-by-step explanation of how to do this would be much appreciated.
Grateful for the help and advice of forum members.

Attachments

• Blanco Swift Tap (1).JPG
    Blanco Swift Tap (1).JPG
    728.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Blanco SWift Tap (2).JPG
    Blanco SWift Tap (2).JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Blanco Swift Tap (1).JPG
    Blanco Swift Tap (1).JPG
    728.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Blanco SWift Tap (2).JPG
    Blanco SWift Tap (2).JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Blancoswift BM 1420.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
With that model of mono block tap I advise the customer to get a new one of better quality and replace it. Even after you replace all the seals they still leak. Cheap brass badly made.

Does the tap leak continuously or only when the tap is in operation?

If it leaks continuously, most probably cartridge seals leaking.
If leaking only when the tap is operational, then O-ring seals.

If o-ring seals you have to remove the tap completely and take it apart to replace the o-rings.

Just easier to replace tap.

Reply to Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 dismantling instruction in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock