Discuss Overcharged - advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will definitely be looking at checkatrade next time!

You would do a lot better, in my opinion, in posting your location on this forum.

Members here have a lot more to fear than bad customer feedback - criticism from their own peers is harder to dodge. Also no spurious positive feedback from friends and family, which allegedly goes on on some of the review sites...

Checkatrade actually vet the feedback so it's very difficult to get friends and family feedback. You also need to get constant feedback to stay near the top of the listings and consistent repeat feedback would look very suspicious.

I fill out 2 check a trade things Now and again for a few mates never had a call from them to check I was a legitimate customer

You would do a lot better, in my opinion, in posting your location on this forum.

Members here have a lot more to fear than bad customer feedback - criticism from their own peers is harder to dodge. Also no spurious positive feedback from friends and family, which allegedly goes on on some of the review sites...

^ As above.
Better of having people you know and can trust> Plumber, decorator and sparky covers most if not all you need. I know of people on Checkatrade that really shouldn`t be on it.

wouldnt go there myself or any other 'pay to play' reference sites. too much false positives imo

Thank you all so much for your responses - I really didn't expect so many.
I will definitely be looking at checkatrade next time!
many thanks

Check-a-trade fffftttt. I still fail to understand why people come on here for advice and help? If you really believe that members of this forum give you good advice, then what reason is there to go somewhere else to look for a tradesman/woman than ask on here??? When things go wrong, UKPF members should help explain, but UKPF members are not fit to be contacted in the first instance to do the job? Am I missing something?
OK, I agree the likes of Village Idiot should be avoided, but there are many other decent trades people on here. Why not use them? I think I need a drink now.

Check-a-trade fffftttt. I still fail to understand why people come on here for advice and help? If you really believe that members of this forum give you good advice, then what reason is there to go somewhere else to look for a tradesman/woman than ask on here??? When things go wrong, UKPF members should help explain, but UKPF members are not fit to be contacted in the first instance to do the job? Am I missing something?
OK, I agree the likes of Village Idiot should be avoided, but there are many other decent trades people on here. Why not use them? I think I need a drink now.

Been a bad day has it? lol

So if the consensus is that as long as you advertise your hilarious rates in advance then the customer must pay, why don't we all buy a pay-as-you-go mobile, trade under a name unaffiliated with your normal business, advertise as £150 per half hour emergency, put out some ads and wait for the occasional fish to bite and more than justify the whole adventure?

Is it just out of moral decency? Of course that is the primary adversion. But for me personally it would also include an inescapable feeling I would end up being prosecuted. So either that is paranoia or there is likely good grounds to contest work done even if price were accepted upfront.

"Do not expect to avoid judgment if you attempt to rob people with a false prospectus rather than a knife." Christopher Hitchens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overcharged - advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Advice from experienced plumbers will be appreciated. I inherited the old stopcock without a disk (2 pictures below). Attempts to find a lever or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
We had an incident of estate water pipe burst and united utility had to fix the issue for the whole estate and this time we didnt have much water...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock