Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on taps (good quality stopcock) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Advice from experienced plumbers will be appreciated. I inherited the old stopcock without a disk (2 pictures below). Attempts to find a lever or disc with 8mm rectangular hole were unsuccessful and use of a locking plier was not convenient in emergency, so another stopcock was fitted after it (last picture). It is of a poor quality and only WD40 allows it to turn after time.
I consider replacing the newer one but don't know what taps are good for a stopcock. Also I wonder if it is possible to find a disc for the old one. Don't want to have a tap that becomes rock solid if not used for a while. Any recommendations?
20230612_152410.jpg
20230612_152352.jpg
20230612_152400.jpg

I don’t know what you mean by no disc or an 8mm disc, unless you men head? A decent branded stopcock such as Pegler should be ok, or fit a lever ball valve, again a decent brand such as Pegler.

Reply to Advice on taps (good quality stopcock) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock