Discuss Outside oil boiler, not well insulated! Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I bet most people will say and if you can afford it new oil boiler

I tried to put a link up to Flickr of the images but it won't let me. I'm in NI too, possibly a common thing here. When you say Tec7 it do you mean to seal it around after removing the corrosion? So no additional insulation necessary? Seem to be burning through a lot of oil is all, the dial was initially set around 4 or just under, turned it down to 2 but then the radiators nearly heated so it's now at 3.5 but still going through a lot of oil...

Just as I thought - very familiar photo & background as seen a lot like that fitted here. That's probably about 15 year old I guess.
Have a proper oil service person out to look it over and probably be able to have it going well if that flue hasn't corroded through. (Those flues often look like that) The boiler needs a new nozzle and other basic parts and set up with an analyser.
I was talking about rain water getting in around the top of boiler house where flue exits.
A grant can at times be available here in NI for replacing oil boilers over 15 years old. Depending on your earnings, it can be up to £1000. If you ever replace that boiler I suggest total new Grant Vortex outdoor module. All new boilers now are highly efficient condensing type and use less oil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside oil boiler, not well insulated! Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock