Search the forum,

Discuss Out of fresh ideas and no1 knows lol Ahh HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daveleaver

Alright everyone

Posted on here ages ago got fantastic advice and a boiler recomenedation.

This is the story

All new rads x5 with old pipework and combi. Had a poor ideal isar he30 boiler loosing pressure.

Isolated rads from boiler which is in the loft so highest part of the CH system. Turned out it was the boiler loosing pressure so got a ideal logic plus installed.

Last week no dhw chexked pressure and guess what 0bar. So pressurised to a bar and isolated the rads again within 18 hours dropped from 1.0 to 0.8.

I have contacted the guy who installed it were trying to arrange a day to check it out as i crazy hours and live alone. Surely this is more than coincidence that both boilers were loosing pressure gradually this boiler is loosing it slower. It has been going on for a total of 6 months now new boiler only been in 3 weeks.

I am so confused how this could happen leak is defo on the boiler side.

Thanks

Speak soon

Dave

Could be a leak on system, could be corrosion ( doubt it with new rads but it's not impossible).
Installer will be able to tell you

Its a longshot pal there could be a problem with the new boiler, but it will obviously be covered by warrenty if it is.
If the leak is on the system, a very very small leak will drop the pressure .

Hi

Appreciate the replys. Whe i isolated the ch the boiler drops pressure and when putting the rads back on the system it doesnt drop. Its always onlt the water out the boiler until the pipework below so last week when it done it i didnt repressurise it for 2 days cos i was away for the weekend and wanted to see when i got back if the towel radiator was full as this is the highest radistor in the house and it was no air nothing as soon as i open the bleed valve water no air.

Its so odd

1.0 bar to .8 can just be expansion and contraction. Top the boiler to 1.5 when the system is cold, vent all radiators, then top up again. Monitor this pressure and see if it drops. Don't forget it will rise, when the heating is hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Out of fresh ideas and no1 knows lol Ahh HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock