Search the forum,

Discuss Oooo yes. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hannah

Eyy am so proud of myself. :tongue3:

Not bad for a begginer.

Passed the pressure test too, wooooooooo. :sunny:

1476202_753522474662601_148559853_n[1].jpg

Nice job! I'm sending you some wire wool for Christmas tho! Stick at it!

Use a flexi next time and don't bother with the bend. See what your tutor says.

Tell him/her your practicing for the real world and need to save time!! :)

The college supply cupboard comes in very handy for private jobs....

Not that I'd ever steal from the college of course

;)

I've measured the bends.

1 bend is 39.5 and the other is 44.5
Total = 84.0

2 degree tolerance not met = fail - do again.

Memories from my school days.

Am I showing my age ?
Or is a 6 degree tolerance allowable these days.????

+/- 1 degree or +/- 1mm if I recall correctly.

Helpsy,

I thought my schooling was difficult - we had a 2 degree tolerance or 2mm tolerance.
...and I thought I had it bad... but if you had a 1 degree / 1mm tolerance ... i'll tip my hat to you!!

Oz-Plumber

On our gas course we only had one day on bending and soldering.
We had 1 degree/1mm on our lever 3 gas if you had plumbing nvq 2 or 3
if you didn't then you had 3!

i didn't and getting it within 1 degree wasn't that bad.

Helpsy,

I thought my schooling was difficult - we had a 2 degree tolerance or 2mm tolerance.
...and I thought I had it bad... but if you had a 1 degree / 1mm tolerance ... i'll tip my hat to you!!

Oz-Plumber

Then you entered the 'real world'

I remember having to put a socket just where that one is. Did you get the bend the wrong way around? :lol:

On our gas course we only had one day on bending and soldering.
We had 1 degree/1mm on our lever 3 gas if you had plumbing nvq 2 or 3
if you didn't then you had 3!

i didn't and getting it within 1 degree wasn't that bad.

Hehe. Colleges are funny - I don't know many walls/ceilings that are accurate to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oooo yes. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I need to order a flexible pipe to connect this vessel up with. The pressure vessel instructions don't mention the thread size? A 22mm pipe almost fits over the threads so I assume it's 3/4 BSP? Does that sound right? The other end goes to the valve, will a flexi like this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys not sure anyone has encountered this before but I have a job where the inside wall has been getting a little damp, there was a step up to the door that I think wasn't helping due to dpc but that was removed to take a closer look and it revealed 2 waste water pipes going into the patio...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer & Vaillant engineer say one thing, whilst the SGN engineer says another. I do not know how to proceed and would value some informed advice. The rock...
Replies
Views
hi all i got myself in a muddle. a friend of a friend came around at xmas to help me line up two copper pipes for shower bar install. the pipes were too short and no flex so he introduced me to Hep 2.0. he also did a dry fit and measured everything up to the mm. he left me with some patch work...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock