Search the forum,

Discuss Gully patio'd over in use in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys not sure anyone has encountered this before but I have a job where the inside wall has been getting a little damp, there was a step up to the door that I think wasn't helping due to dpc but that was removed to take a closer look and it revealed 2 waste water pipes going into the patio floor, I went and had a look to see if leaking and couldn't directly see anything leaking but when I inspected the termination of the waste pipes they are just dangling into a gully that has been patio'd over? I'm no damp expert but could this be causing the problem, I imagine it is at least something to do with this so I am going to reroute the pipework into the stack that's nearby, I think it'll just about make it but it's not ideal at all. I've attached a photo so you better understand what I mean. I will be pressure testing the pipework just incase there is a leak under the tiled floor but I think they are 3m lengths. Thoughts? Thanks. Chester

Attachments

• IMG-20230921-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20230921-WA0008.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 16
Update, pipe on right is compromised, failed pressure test, inspection with camera can see a joint directly where the tiles begin to sound 'hollow', upsized left pipe and temp fix running everything through the 1¼ under basin as it's under a tiled floor so not an easy fix.

Reply to Gully patio'd over in use in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock