Search the forum,

Discuss got myself in a muddle! shower bar install in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

hi all

i got myself in a muddle. a friend of a friend came around at xmas to help me line up two copper pipes for shower bar install. the pipes were too short and no flex so he introduced me to Hep 2.0. he also did a dry fit and measured everything up to the mm. he left me with some patch work and the tiling and said any problems get back to him. well i've got the tile holes drilled and i wanted to know which order to fit the shower bar. i forgotten the next steps. i'm sure he explained it to me, but i can't remember. i've tried calling him for the last few weeks but he is not answering. the hard work is done in terms of measuring everything its just the install i need help on.

i've attached some photos and some extra info

the shower bar is 3/4 going into 15mm. i have an adapter, but i can't remember if he said do away with it, but i would have remembered if he told me to get something else. so the 3/4 adapter needs to go somewhere but there is nothing to screw it on to. is there a Hep adapter, or do i need something else?

the pipes he left two olives on there, not sure why he did that, but it is for a reason as i remember him sliding it on

you will see on the photo where the decorative collar needs to be once the tile is on. the test fit had everything bang on

i don't want to fix the tile on yet, in case i have to do something.

thanks in advance, hope this makes sense the way i explained it

Attachments

• shower6.jpg
    shower6.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 20
  • shower1.jpg
    shower1.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 21
  • shower2.jpg
    shower2.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 20
  • shower3.jpg
    shower3.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 16
  • shower4.jpg
    shower4.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 15
  • shower5.jpg
    shower5.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 17
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/hep2o...teel-push-fit-pipe-inserts-15mm-10-pack/3158f

These
yes i already have them fitted over. the adapter with the end caps are covering it. if i pull that adapter off you will see them.

but i still have the issue of using the 3/4 reducer with no where to screw this into

yes i already have them fitted over. the adapter with the end caps are covering it. if i pull that adapter off you will see them.

but i still have the issue of using the 3/4 reducer with no where to screw this into

You would bin those and fit my linked ones same 3/4 but compression over pipe etc

Yes with a hep insert

would this be any use. i've seen this product before halfway down the page there is an interesting FAQ section regarding Hep 2.0. mixed reviews whether the Marflow can be used on HEP or not.

marlfow PL8

let me know what you think thanks

Doesn’t make any difference as your not using there set up other than the backplate you could remove that if you want just keeps the pipes 150mm centres and level

Doesn’t make any difference as your not using there set up other than the backplate you could remove that if you want just keeps the pipes 150mm centres and level
the fast fixings you mentioned earlier is £10, the marflow is £14. at this junction, this project has been going on too long i just want it finshed so whatever makes the job easier, faster and lasting result. im just so close

i forgot to add that the pipes are 150mm and level. the chap made sure of that when he set it up for me. i suppose with the marlow i don't have to drill into the tiles and risk cracking or scratching them..

Last edited:
Either but you can start tiling anyway

hi Shaun,

i need your help. the fast fix brackets came today. i did at test fit before committing to tiling. i realised that the screws will have nothing to drill into except into the metal plate. i've tried playing with different variations and im stuck. i thought of putting a backer board behind it but it will leave no room for adhesive. the screws is what came in the pack. i have taken in consideration the tile depth and adhesive, thanks

any ideas what i do now?

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 6
  • metal plate.jpg
    metal plate.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 4
  • screw depth.jpg
    screw depth.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 7
They go into the tiles with plugs and screws

you can use a metal drill bit to go through the metal plate if the holes don’t line up etc

hi all, just a quick update. checking the measurements, most of the length of the screws for the pipe fixing brackets will be into tile and then tile adhesive. will this be secure, fixing into tile adhesive?

thanks

hi all, just a quick update. checking the measurements, most of the length of the screws for the pipe fixing brackets will be into tile and then tile adhesive. will this be secure, fixing into tile adhesive?

thanks
Ye that's fine. Same thing with shower screens, they supply you with 35mm screws which are only long enough to fix into the plugs in the tile.

No, don’t just fix into tiles.
Drill 6mm hole through tile , then drill 3.5mm hole through metal plate and fix the brackets using long self tapping screws.

Reply to got myself in a muddle! shower bar install in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock