Discuss One for the boffins, coz I'm stumped! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance this is a combi masquerading as a system boiler, serving the heating, coil, and some outlets? Just that the hot water sounds like a diaphragm on its way out on a pressure differential valve. Needs 2 outlets to get the pin to push out enough.

Why would faulty or missing check valves on a shower cause a problem if the shower is not in use? As I said in the OP, this happens when any combination of outlets is opened including mixers & non mixers

Cold always pressing against the faulty check valve, when the hot pressure drops because an outlet elsewhere gets opened the check valve totally gives out

If possible turn off the cold mains supply to the unvented cylinder ... If you still get a some supply through the hot tap/s then I'd suspect a faulty TMV/dual mixer valve somewhere is passing? It could account for cold at the hot taps?

Cold always pressing against the faulty check valve, when the hot pressure drops because an outlet elsewhere gets opened the check valve totally gives out

I get how that could happen if the shower were open & in use but not if it's turned off, surely that's the same as if a tap is closed, no water moving anywhere?

No one side mixes the water and the other diverts the water to the shower head. The side that blends isn't actually shut off

Got it, nice one! So if I isolate each pair of outlets one at a time, that should get me to the fault? Unless of course, there's no check valves on anything, in which case I'd be p*****g in the wind!

If possible turn off the cold mains supply to the unvented cylinder ... If you still get a some supply through the hot tap/s then I'd suspect a faulty TMV/dual mixer valve somewhere is passing? It could account for cold at the hot taps?

this.

Isolator on the composite valve is seized solid. I'll have a go at freezing it.
Just another thought, mains pressure is 4.75 bar. If something was passing back, wouldn't that cause the T&P relief to open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One for the boffins, coz I'm stumped! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock