Discuss Old rad only getting warm on one side, whats the problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no vent valve there (see new pic)

8FA1F97E-DBE5-4B67-ABDD-692EB62D92F2.jpeg

Might be on a fin

Not by looking at that rad mate. But you could be right. I bet it has always been like that and it is air locked. Give it a good whack and hope the cast doesn’t split.:p:p:p:D:D

Bottom left is the same as top left. Checked all the fins, front and rear, no additional valves etc.

Al I have to play with are the two valves as show in the photos at the top-right and bottom-right.

For the top-right, apart from opening and closing the valve, I don't see any available adjustments.

For the bottom-right I can adjust with an 8mm allen key

I thought the bleed valve was always at the top, am I wrong in this presumption?

Cheers

Yea normally always top or top side

Looks like it wasn't fitted from new

If you can't find one best get one fitted

Ok, thanks. Any pointers in the right direction for sourcing the correct bleed valve for this rad and fitting it would be much appreciated :)

Thank all!

Black iron reducer possibly from 11/4” down to 1/2” bleed point. (Vague description sorry) on my way out. Make sure they are sealed properly:eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old rad only getting warm on one side, whats the problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock