Discuss OK for waste to run uphill a short distance? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with him but you can combine the shower and basin in 11/2 as it's very unlikely your going to be running the basin taps when someone's having a shower even then it would be fine

Agree with him but you can combine the shower and basin in 11/2 as it's very unlikely your going to be running the basin taps when someone's having a shower even then it would be fine

On that basis, couldn't the bath waste also be combined with the shower and basin wastes, since it's extremely unlikely that we'd be emptying the bath whilst having a shower? Anyway, I got the impression the primary reason for separate wastes is to avoid water in one waste getting sucked out by another appliance's draining.

On that basis, couldn't the bath waste also be combined with the shower and basin wastes, since it's extremely unlikely that we'd be emptying the bath whilst having a shower? Anyway, I got the impression the primary reason for separate wastes is to avoid water in one waste getting sucked out by another appliance's draining.

You would have to up the waste to 2" pipe but you could and stick an anti vac trap on the basin

Ah, I see, ok... so maybe just as easy to run 2 separate wastes? The one from the bath can go straight to the soil pipe. The shower and basin wastes will now have to drop below the joists and run tight along the lounge ceiling and be boxed in.

Ah, I see, ok... so maybe just as easy to run 2 separate wastes? The one from the bath can go straight to the soil pipe. The shower and basin wastes will now have to drop below the joists and run tight along the lounge ceiling and be boxed in.

Yea or run the lot in 2" and box it in and strengthen the joists

So, new plumbing firm is coming tomorrow to re-do all the waste pipes and fix other issues. They will leave me to fit the new flooring over the weekend (not quite sure why, but I'm more than happy to do it and can at least be sure of what's happening if I do it, esp. now I've discovered the muppet that was our previous "plumber" screwed down the 18mm OSB with about 25mm screws!!).

As a result of all this, I now get to choose what flooring to put down. I was thinking I would obviously get marine ply, but I've now seen the huge cost difference and I'm wondering if standard ply is almost as good? And where would OSB3 sit in the rankings between chipboard / marine ply / non-marine ply / OSB 3?

What's going on top of it ?

Porcelain tiles (if you are asking about the floor covering, rather than bathroom furniture/sanitary wear). I think these will be on top of a Ditra mat.

I would use 18mm marine ply glued and screwed down (don't hit any pipes wires or wastes) as you don't want problems later on

You can go belts and braces by using some 6mm ply to stager perpendicular to the 18mm m ply joins/ joints

Ok... seems to be about £100 a sheet, as opposed to £20 a sheet for OSB or around £35 for non-marine ply, though! Anywhere I can get it cheaper?

Apart from ability to maintain its strength if it gets wet, are there any other advantages to marine ply over same thickness standard ply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OK for waste to run uphill a short distance? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock