Search the forum,

Discuss Oil burner randomly turns on in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi my oil burner has started to turn on randomly. It doesn't heat anything but I can hear it running outside. What could be causing this.? The timer is set to off

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-02-21-58-37-365_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-02-21-58-37-365_com.android.chrome.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 11
Thanks. You have two 2 port valves. One for central heating and one for hot water. I suspect the hot water valve has failed keeping the boiler energised. This can be caused by a seized valve, seized motor or the springs to return the valve have failed.
You need someone to electrically test this to confirm my suspicions.

Thanks. You have two 2 port valves. One for central heating and one for hot water. I suspect the hot water valve has failed keeping the boiler energised. This can be caused by a seized valve, seized motor or the springs to return the valve have failed.
You need someone to electrically test this to confirm my suspicions.
Ok thank you very much for all your help. I will get someone to have a look at it. Which one is the hot water one do you know. Again thanks for the help

Have a few of them fail it’s the modern replacement for a sunvic (think it’s spelt correctly)

Reply to Oil burner randomly turns on in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock