Discuss not sure how to bleed air from this radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nobbyone

Hi,

I am a handyman for a letting agent. I visited a property today to show the tenants how to bleed their radiators. But one rad had a bleed valve that I was not sure how to use. I have attached photos of the valve.

The paint from years of decorating have really bunged it up. Is it possible just to unscrew the bleed screw in the same way as a modern bleed valve or do I need to do something else in order to bleed it?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

P_20160603_100555.jpgP_20160603_100215.jpg

Get a 14mm socket or spanner on it. The whole plug will unscrew and you can either replace it, or bleed it like that. Keep a fingertip on it so it doesn't fall out!

Hi
It will unscrew out. Most merchants keep them. It's most probably 1/8 BSP. But could be 1/4
Bit of ptfe on the threads and that's it.

obviously make sure you've not got 1.5bar standing pressure on a combi system before you loosen it.

Loosen it while its cold so if you get a problem you won't burn your fingers regards Turnpin;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to not sure how to bleed air from this radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back