Search the forum,

Discuss not sure how to bleed air from this radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nobbyone

Hi,

I am a handyman for a letting agent. I visited a property today to show the tenants how to bleed their radiators. But one rad had a bleed valve that I was not sure how to use. I have attached photos of the valve.

The paint from years of decorating have really bunged it up. Is it possible just to unscrew the bleed screw in the same way as a modern bleed valve or do I need to do something else in order to bleed it?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

P_20160603_100555.jpgP_20160603_100215.jpg

Get a 14mm socket or spanner on it. The whole plug will unscrew and you can either replace it, or bleed it like that. Keep a fingertip on it so it doesn't fall out!

Hi
It will unscrew out. Most merchants keep them. It's most probably 1/8 BSP. But could be 1/4
Bit of ptfe on the threads and that's it.

obviously make sure you've not got 1.5bar standing pressure on a combi system before you loosen it.

Loosen it while its cold so if you get a problem you won't burn your fingers regards Turnpin;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to not sure how to bleed air from this radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine initially, but I noticed that the little bleed screw needed to be turned a little tighter each time I bled that radiator to seal it up again. Having bled it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I need to bleed it to stop the bubbling noise. How can I fix this please? Is it possible to buy a new one and if so how do I know what to ask for...
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the pipes. Altered the pipes to the new rad. Then removed the bungs. Gone to bleed the radiator it filled slightly now no air is coming out. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock