Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss noob question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pk1977

Hi
we just had a stop tap installed, in order to disconnect the water supply (because the bungalow is getting demolished).
i'd like to run the supply from the stop tap nearer the location of the new house (about 25m away).

what's the best way to do this?

I was thinking dig a two foot trench along the property boundary and use 25mm blue pipe?
then install another stop tap at the other end?

sorry, I'm not a plumber, so all this could be very wrong!
thanks
pk

Is the recently installed stop tap copper to copper?

If so are you making your joints above ground?

hi -
I wasn't there when the water company installed the new stop tap...
I was wondering that myself, and almost definitely yes (but will confirm with the crew that did the work)
No joints above ground, everything will be 750mm below, until we actually need running water...

If you intend to use this pipe to serve new property you will need it inspected by the local water company Bylaws inspector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to noob question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Big gas noob here. We got a gas cooker installed a few days ago, and the gas cooker is now sitting quite far away from the wall (3cm...
Replies
Views
HI, Closing the internal house Stopcock located under the sink eventually stops water flowing from the kitchen tap or washing machine hose when...
Replies
Views
Three years ago I decided to switch from an under floor gas warm air system to a modern radiator system. I had installed a Worcester Bosch 38CDI...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock