Discuss Noisy Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can anyone help me identify what's causing my hot water tap to be so noisy? I have made a short video which can be viewed here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9RfozGmRjt9cnI3Y3BvcHFNdk0

This is in the sink in the bathroom and seems particularly bad first thing in the morning but can happen pretty much anytime I turn it on really. I have to adjust the tap to stop noise so that it's fine on a slow flow or a particularly fast flow.

Could it be the washer needs replacing? I'm hoping it's a simple job I can do myself (I'm not a plumber).

Thanks for any help.

Strip down, grease, new washer etc. If that doesn't cure it, will be the worm screw has worn. You can get tap revivers but as the tap is quite old, you could treat yourself to something nice :)

Basic tap, just needs striping down, clean, new grease, new washer and will be good as new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have quarter turn taps in my downstairs bathroom, the sink taps were getting a bit stiff so I replaced the insides with Flomasta 1/2" BSP...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
This tap is dripping through the spout, just a bit see photos, robf shows when closed, robo shows when open and rob3 shows a side view I don't...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, can anyone advise regarding getting access to the working mechanism within this tap. It's leaking and I want to change the washer. There's no...
Replies
Views
Back