Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No water through hot water taps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob Birkin

Hi, I have just fitted a new double Rad, the Central heating is working fine apart from one rad which is the nearest to the boiler. I have tried bleeding it but just cold water comes out.There is no water at all coming out of the hot taps throughout the system. Could it be a airlock in the boiler if so how do I release it. The boiler is a Potterton Performa 30 HE.

If you think its air and you have an open vented system then try putting cold mains water up the hot, this will shift it no probs.

Hi, I have just fitted a new double Rad, the Central heating is working fine apart from one rad which is the nearest to the boiler. I have tried bleeding it but just cold water comes out.There is no water at all coming out of the hot taps throughout the system. Could it be a airlock in the boiler if so how do I release it. The boiler is a Potterton Performa 30 HE.

Rad nearest to boiler should be the first to heat up, except it has been piped up in a different way?
Close off all the other radiators and only leave open the one not heating up then see if it heats up

When you say: There is no water at all coming out of the hot taps throughout the system, that leaves me confused? What has the hot water got to do with the radiators?

Yeh with you draining the system its simply airlocked, have you any mixer taps that dont have non returns on the pipework underneath, if so use that to see if you can clear it , open hot side put hand over faucet (firmly and open cold, be ready for a wet face lol

As for the rad check the pin on the thermostat if thats fine then take a 4lb hammer to your pipework and im sure that will give you a great flow of water Rob,,, lol
And welcome along to the forum Rob,

sounds more like you havent opened any motorised valves when refilling and got an airlock in your coil, hence no hot water. re the cold rad, are the valves open both ends if so do as mentioned and shut off input valve of all the other rads to check cold one heats up, if it does then the system needs balancing. PS no airlock in the boiler or else the other rads wouldnt have heated up in the first place :)

sounds more like you havent opened any motorised valves when refilling and got an airlock in your coil, hence no hot water. re the cold rad, are the valves open both ends if so do as mentioned and shut off input valve of all the other rads to check cold one heats up, if it does then the system needs balancing. PS no airlock in the boiler or else the other rads wouldnt have heated up in the first place :)

Thanks for the help how do I rectify the airlock in the coil.

just reread yr post, you've turned off a feed to the cylinder stopping all the water probably, not on airlock, recheck your valves you've been fiddling with, an airlock on the heating side wouldn't stop all the water coming out the hot taps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No water through hot water taps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock