Discuss No hot water - need help please!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spondulic

Hello All,
I apologise in advance for a lot of detail below but I want to try to put everythingdown!

Basic fault - I only get hot water when the central heating has been on.
Boiler - Vaillant ecoTEC plus (NOT a combi boiler).

Mastercontroller - Horstmann CENTAURPLUS C27
System -full underfloor heating with a hot water storage tank in the loft.

On themaster controller even when you turn the HW to all-day (red LED lights andsounds like a relay pulls in) the boiler does nothing! No pumps turns on, thegas valve doesn't turn on. etc.
On thedisplay screen on the boiler a 'tap' shaped icon comes on and shows all thetime even when the master control HW is turned to the off selection???
In theboilers diagnostic menu d22 (Hot Water demand) = 0 which is hot water demandoff. I presume this should come on (turn to = 1) when the master controller HWis on?
So when theheating has been on a while you get hot water. If the heating has been off fora couple of hours the hot water becomes medium hot - I presume due to the tempdropping off as it circulates around the CH system or natural cooling in the HWstorage tank?
If I run thehot water tank out entirely so that cold water comes out the taps and then turnthe HW on using the mater controller the boiler still never starts and the HWdemand still = 0.

Basically I needyour help to resolve please before summer comes and the only way I can get HWis to have a red hot house!!
PLEASEHELP!!!

Kev

If its not a combi then the tap symbol on the boiler means nothing, its just the same software they use for combis etc.

Has the HW worked correctly before? I would be looking at the external controls.

Call a heating engineer in - its what we are here for!

as said get someone to investigate.

do you not have an immersion heater as a backup for hot water??

If its not a combi then the tap symbol on the boiler means nothing, its just the same software they use for combis etc.

Has the HW worked correctly before? I would be looking at the external controls.

Call a heating engineer in - its what we are here for!

Hi GasmanxxxR1, we have been in the house for a year now and yes it has worked correctly in the past. Looks like I may need an heating engineer.
Thanks, Kev

as said get someone to investigate.

do you not have an immersion heater as a backup for hot water??

Hi Simon,
Yes it does have an electric immersion heater which I can use short term - great idea.
However I would like to make a perm fix.
Thanks, Kev

Whereabouts are you Kev? If you haven't already got someone you trust one of us may be nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water - need help please!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock