Search the forum,

Discuss no hot water in potterton performa28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

teecee1941

I have a potterton performa28 combi. When the heating is off there is no hot water. I have had several parts replaced by a competent Gas Safe engineer but still having problems. I'd be pleased to receive any advice.

The only advice I can give is get a better gas safe engineer. What area are you in? Maybe a guy on here who could help.

As above, performas are quite a simple boiler.

Do you know what parts he has replaced ? how much have you spent on it so far ?

I replied earlier but my reply must have been lost. It has cost about ÂŁ40 up to now, so that is not too bad. I asked if anyone could tell me the function of a diaphragm with a view to fitting it myself. In a few days, I'll probably have to call in Potterton. The service engineer who has been trying to fix my boiler is not a cowboy and works for a respected heating firm in North Tyneside. Sadly, after spending a lot of his own free time trying to help me, he has reached the end of the line and says it has him beat!

It's actually against the law for you to work on the boiler yourself and it would be advisable if you get a competent and capable engineer to fix it. Like previously said these are pretty straight forward boilers and a half decent engineer could sort it easily.

as said, you need to get in a decent service/repair technician as these are an easy boiler to work on, re telling you about how to work on your own boiler, have a read of this forums rules, the fault you mention isnt normally hard to fix.

Good advice above. Closing this thread.

OP, please post an advert including your location in this part of the forum.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no hot water in potterton performa28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Is it worth replacing a Potterton gold 9kw electric boiler with a hot water storage tank for a new Electric Combi Boiler ? Would there a reduction is electric consumption and therefore a saving ? Please advise
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock