Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Newbie too HandyAnts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

handyants

Warrington NW based plumbing and gasfitting MC Gas and Plumbing Services all Gas safed up and unvented and most of the normal stuff / full WRAS too. Part pee-ing in September.
Just to say hello and no doubt asking you guys/gals lots of questions next time we find (another) bodge or obscure Russian boiler. Had a nasty on this week where tee next to hwc had developed a metal film completely stopping flow to rads - found it by chance with a magnet :confused: and I mean by chance.
Cheers Tony (HandyAnts)

The part that got blocked, would this be the neutral point by any chance, please note for further refrance that on an open vented system there will always be a neutral point this is located on the feed pipe from the header in the loft to the CH pipework, the magnitite from within the system doesn't move very much at this point so is a perfect point for system magnitite to accumulate therefore blocking the pipework as described, there can also be a problem within the pipework system if the flow to a radiator curcuit is cut into two or three parrallel curcuits with one being reduced by the ballancing valves this would reduce pressure and could also create blockages, magnets are a good idea but you will find on older systems this could stick to a majority of pipes and fittings as the natral corrosion within the system deposits in the pipework. The best thing to do if this occurs is to flush the system with deposit remover, possibly add a magnetic filter on the return to the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newbie too HandyAnts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock