Search the forum,

Discuss New thermostat for my boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm after replacing my thermostat with a wireless programmable one to work with betacom 30c. Which thermostat do you recommend ?

Do you know much about electrics? Have a multimeter? An RF one does need wired in to the boiler. Its the thermostat that send a signal to the receiver which in turn sends a signal to the boiler to fire through a cable.

My recommendation is to get an engineer out to wire it up. Saves you any grief or possible electric shock. lol.

Should cost you an hours labour plus materials.

You know then the work will be covered by their own warranty on the installation (Mine is 12 Months) of the stat. You will get the right one and it has been installed correctly.

Surely that alone, never mind any potential headaches, is worth an hours labour to a competent local engineer. They would appreciate the support as it is tough out there and if you like them then they could be invaluable to you in the winter when your boiler goes down.

Last edited:
I'm an electrician mate although not very familiar with boilers I'm sure I'll be able to work it out

Honeywell CM927, Drayton MiStat are both decent. Delta Dore also look fairly good.

Avoid Salus, Horstmann, Siemans.

Cheers mate I'll have a look at them later. Which ones the best in your experience? How far away from the boiler does the reciever have to be?

Screwfix do a cheap one I've installed a fair bit with no come backs

Delta dore I'm going to say I haven't used one yet but my next one going in will be!

Been hearing tales of woe re: honeywell although I've had no callbacks myself

In the flue or under boiler as if it leaks it will get wet. Don't you need to take door off.. To wire stat or is there exhausting one? As sure door firms a seal?

This is where the boiler is I was either going to put it above the boiler on the boxing in or under the cupboard to the left on the tiles

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394743969.942781.jpg

Above. But that door forms part of the boilers safety devices so you must get this done by a qualified and competent person!

Put it above the boiler.

Don't have to break into combustion chamber on these so it's okay for you to do wiring I would think. Just make sure you use the right terminals on boiler.

Volt free? How far is it from boiler? Can u fish L and N from fused spur?

Not sure I haven't got my meter on me it's in the van. Cable literally goes through the wall along half a meter or so then into the boiler

Not sure I haven't got my meter on me it's in the van. Cable literally goes through the wall along half a meter or so then into the boiler

Pull it back through will be the switch just need power for stat from fused spur.

Cheers mate shouldn't be a problem getting power to it. Once it's all connected do I just turn the dial on the boiler to on then it's all controlled via the stat? Been looking at the delta dore again there seems to be a few to choose from all programmable also looked at the Drayton mistat it's a cheaper option. Is there much difference between the 2?

Alright guys recieved the stat this morning took the fuse out the spur feeding the boiler and it's a 13amp but on the boiler it says 196watts at 2a. What fuses do you normally put in the spur 3a 5a?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New thermostat for my boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it is earthed. The new tap will use flexible tails and so will not be earth bonded. My initial search for information suggests that there is no legal...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock