Discuss new split zones in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

with regards to the split zones - if i fit a combi and split the up and down stairs as seperate zones then here is the problem -if i come off the boiler and straight away split the flow and put a zone valve on each of the flows then there is no bypass or open flow to give the min flow and rtn temp -this is no problem with a normal boiler as the pump is normaly in the airing cup and the bypass fitted here so will get min flow .i can see lots of combis giving problems when zone valves are fitted as they will be right next to boiler .anyone got any thoughts

ant

if the boiler doesnt already have a bypass built in then fit an automatic bypass valve

if the boiler doesnt already have a bypass built in then fit an automatic bypass valve
know what you are saying but some boilers req bypass to be 2m away at least.do terrace houses have to be zoned now.

ant

yes, terrace do need to be zone........ if the building control are looking.

if you zone up and down and bath is up then does that mean you have to sit on a cold toilet during the day?

Last edited:
yes, terrace do need to be zone........ if the building control are looking.

if you zone up and down and bath is up then does that mean you have to sit on a cold toilet during the day?
its mad now - next it will be each room using an u floor manifold to run rads

I had this out with a few boiler manufacteruers last week ,some of them were quite frankly sticking their heads into the sand on this.Just put 2 zone valves under the combi with a 22mm auto bypass,try and keep them as far as possible away,not always easy i know.If the heat exchanger buggers up in 2 years ''thats life''.Its up to the boiler manufacteruers to ''man up'' and start putting a clear guide in the MI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new split zones in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I have a honeywell programmer which does 10 min cycles but with the zone valve fitted it is closed during a 4.5 min long pump only cycle. Is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock