Discuss New boiler: "Inserted necessary chemicals" - is that a Powerflush or should I worry? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

munchkin19

Can anyone tell me what this phrase means on an invoice? I've just had a new condensing boiler installed to replace a combi that was 21 years old. Is the work below enough? (The engineer said he was doing a powerflush - is that what this is? Or should I be worried?)

"Supplied and inserted all the necessary chemicals to flush and preserve the system".

Just hoping for some reassurance.

thanks!

Re: New boiler: "Inserted necessary chemicals" - is that a Powerflush or should I wor

sounds fine, one chemical is used to clean and another is used to protect, the protection one needs to be kept up each year to ensure corrosion does not shorten the life of the system

Re: New boiler: "Inserted necessary chemicals" - is that a Powerflush or should I wor

Has plumber fitted a filter , it can look like a big jar with two pipes going to it.

sounds fine, one chemical is used to clean and another is used to protect, the protection one needs to be kept up each year to ensure corrosion does not shorten the life of the system

Thanks, Bacon Sandwich. (Great name, by the way!)

: )

Has plumber fitted a filter , it can look like a big jar with two pipes going to it.

I haven't been in the flat to check, but he's put a Worcester Magna Filter on his invoice, so I hope so!

He's just emailed me to say:

"when we install any boiler we always flush the system in accordance with the manufacturers requirements"

So I dare say he's done what he's supposed to. (I just wanted to check as I was worried that any old crud might still be in the system and could damage the boiler.)

Oops - duplicated post and don't know how to remove it.

You could always go and have a look if you are worried:crazy:

You could always go and have a look if you are worried:crazy:

Thanks, Scott. I'm a landlord (living about 20 miles away) and can only get there at the weekend as I look after 3 x toddlers each day during the week as my real job. I"m planning to go over this weekend but I thought I would ask as I want to pay the invoice today as the work was finished yesterday.

Good point, though. ; )

Thanks, Scott. I'm a landlord (living about 20 miles away) and can only get there at the weekend as I look after 3 x toddlers each day during the week as my real job. I"m planning to go over this weekend but I thought I would ask as I want to pay the invoice today as the work was finished yesterday.

Good point, though. ; )

When you go take some pics and post them up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler: "Inserted necessary chemicals" - is that a Powerflush or should I worry? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock