Search the forum,

Discuss Need New Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seamansam

Hi guys 1st post
Looking at getting a new combi boiler and 7 new rads fitted
Current setup is 20 years old and past its sell by date
Any recs on boilers and rads?
Is a Magnaclean a good idea?
Been looking at Worcester Greenstar 30si and Vaillant ecotech plus831
Cheers
Mark:)

your best bet is to get a plumber in to proper size up the required boiler

Whilst number of radiators is a factor it is a faxctor in a list of many others

Get a few quotes and go from there

Most people do prefer and recommend Valliant and Worcester Bosch though but sizing is needed from your plumber

Hi Seamansam,

Everyone will give you their own recommendation on boilers. Personally I've fitted the Broag Remaha Avanta Plus and can only sing their praises. They are made by the same company that make Vaillant boilers, just with a different brand name. Excellent and covered by a full 5 year warranty.

Combi-boilers should not be sized on heating requirement, they should be sized based on your hot water requirements. How big is your house? How many showers/baths/taps/draw offs would be used at any one time? If you're likely to use 2 at once frequently a combi-boiler may not be the best option.

Steer clear of the cheaper 24 and 28KW boilers is my advice. The 35-40KW models are so worth the extra money, especially when you want to run baths.

Also, make sure the installer checks your mains water pressure, you need a certain amount to install and run a combi-boiler effectively (how much depends on the boiler).

Magnaclean is a great idea, as is running all the hidden pipework in plastic to keep the costs down. This should significantly drop the labour cost.

As for radiators, go for good radiators with a 10 year warranty - I frequently go to new-build houses to replace cheap rubbish radiators.

In short, spend good cash on a decent power boiler and good radiators! If you have a family and 2 or more bathrooms then in all likelihood you'll be disappointed with a combi-boiler.

Had 3 plumbers round awaiting quotes
property is 2 bedroom 16th century cottage, 1 small bathroom good water pressure can get very cold 3 outside walls.

Have you tried mrcentralheating.co.uk then you can ask a plumber just on the install price

potterton performa or baxi duotec and stelrad radiators,your boiler needs to be suited to your heating requirements and your hot water demand,the performa is mid market outputs of 24kw or 30kw with the baxi duotec its 24,33,40kw higher end boilers or theres the remaha which others fit and find to be a reliable boiler,btw potterton,baxi,remaha same company also baxi,main 105he same as performa,duotec,platinum,gold,heatmax all the same boiler,priced different with varying warranty,2,3,5 year

Viessmann Vitodens 100 series combi, like somones just said every installer has his favourite. This is mine ,Rolls Royce boiler.

Viessmann Vitodens 100 series combi, like somones just said every installer has his favourite. This is mine ,Rolls Royce boiler.

Yes I agree with Blackcats Viessmann 100/200 or the Broag avanta slightly less money.
Dont oversize to much!

Eco

Viessmann trained installers can offer a full 5 year parts and labour no questions asked warenty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need New Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock