Search the forum,

Discuss Need a pipe freeze in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newcastle phill

A few on ebay but what are the robust brands.
Just not sure about the rothenburger offering but could be persuaded (rofrost)
Seen a few eco-freezes but they are rubbish right ???

rems

Waa considering this also.
Can get a large bottom fed co2 bottle for about 65 quid
69befe8f06e945a4ec75f4e35557e278.jpg

No shaun. But the kit above accomodates 8 upto 54mm.

Have spoke to mate at BoC and can get the correct bottom fed bottles. Looks like a small diving cylinder. Should last ages..

No shaun. But the kit above accomodates 8 upto 54mm.

Have spoke to mate at BoC and can get the correct bottom fed bottles. Looks like a small diving cylinder. Should last ages..

but dont see the point in going through the h and s forms for anything less than 2" as most freezer kits will be fine

H and s forms ??
I should be ok as it wont be left unattended at any point.

I just dont want to buyba lemmon as some can be unreliable and most are 110v so ill also need a tranny.

H and s forms ??
I should be ok as it wont be left unattended at any point.

I just dont want to buyba lemmon as some can be unreliable and most are 110v so ill also need a tranny.

yea as its classed as dangerous, explosions if dropped/ fall over etc all that cobble

and most freezer kits are available in 110 and 240v

have a look at the freeze master 690E or 420d

Last edited:
Its carbon dioxide. Put that near a source of igntion it will extinguish it lol - just like a black fire extinguisher

Non flammable or explosive

Last edited by a moderator:
Its carbon dioxide.
Non flammable or explosive

didnt mean explosion (fireball) and guess you havent seen what a compressed gas can do, if you do want to go down the bottle route best to speak to a heath and safety adviser as i think you may be surprised what you need to do

didnt mean explosion (fireball) and guess you havent seen what a compressed gas can do, if you do want to go down the bottle route best to speak to a heath and safety adviser as i think you may be surprised what you need to do
Ahh im with you.
Ahh well it wont be my house lol

It’s the same as any fire extinguisher. The difference is - there’s a tube inside the bottle going all the way down to the bottom.

It’s the same as any fire extinguisher. The difference is - there’s a tube inside the bottle going all the way down to the bottom.

get your point but they still have rules in regards transport and there only about 7kg think phill is on about big 25-30 kg ones

No not that big. Just a smallish bottle like a sea divers size bottle. Nowhere near the size of a propane gas bottle lol

for up to 2"i would definatley go for an electric one you cant keep the freeze going with a bottle so always a bit of a race with the electric once its froze it will stay frozen as long as theres power really if its only for changing valves up to 22 the disposable ones work

No not that big. Just a smallish bottle like a sea divers size bottle. Nowhere near the size of a propane gas bottle lol

why dont you use a freezer kit/ freezer bag and bottle seams bit over kill for 15 and 22mm :D

It's just convenience and economy. I can getnthe lot for about 200 quid.

It will always work and is a helluva lot less than an electric jobby. And no reliability issues.

Waa considering this also.
Can get a large bottom fed co2 bottle for about 65 quid
69befe8f06e945a4ec75f4e35557e278.jpg

I bought one of them on eBay a few years ago for a tenner. Sold it for £110.

I've got a polar kit, works well but I don't do heavy stuff. Plus the gas isn't cheap as each time I use it I use the whole can!

Yeh thats why i was considering the larger bottles.
Still not discounting an eleccy job. But need to watch the pennies !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need a pipe freeze in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock