Search the forum,

Discuss Multifuel boiler for CH only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kenny.5

Hello,

Looking for some advice on a solid fuel installation.
I'm a sparky by trade, and while I've got a reasonable appreciation of plumbing it's obviously not my trade. A friend of my dad is a plumber who's qualified for solid fuel so once I've narrowed down my options I'll discuss things with him and he'll then be overseeing the work with me as his lacky.

We currently have a Hunter Herald 14 CE multifuel stove linked to a 30 year old Ideal Mexico LPG boiler with a Dunsley Type R Neutraliser.
One of the burning bars in the boiler is shot and we can't find replacements so unfortunately it's just about had it's day.

Having watched how the system operates since we moved in 6 months ago, there's definitely scope to improve things.
For example,
The boiler short cycles when the stove is on.
The heat leak radiator is in an upstairs bedroom.
There are too many radiators for the output of the stove.
The gravity circuit through the stove has several tight 90deg bends in it and as such it struggles to thermosyphon in the event of a power cut.

So we've decided to overhaul the entire system when we change the boiler.

One of the options I've considered is doing away with the link up system altogether and fitting a Combi.
Then have a separate CH system with 4 radiators running off the stove, we have enough space in useful places to position these additional radiators.

My question is, would it be ok to do this without a DHW cylinder? One of the radiators would obviously still be a dedicated heat leak.

Any advice much appreciated.

Kenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multifuel boiler for CH only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock