Discuss Mixer shower will not turn off! Water keeps on running no matter what setting! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWaite

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi

I am having a problem with a Mira 415 mixer shower, it will turn on and gets hot (well fairly) but will not turn off at all.

I have worked on one of these before and had a problem that it wasnt mixing properly, I stripped it down, re-assembled it, and got it mixing properly and turning off.

The one I had working ok turned off when the dial was in the middle position, if you turned it one way, the shower came on hot, the other way, cold, and right in the middle was off.

However, this other one I have had in bits and tried every concievable configuration, but I just cant get it to turn off. Has anyone had this problem with this or any other similar mixer shower??

Your help would be much appreciated. I have posted a pic of the shower below.

Thanks. Mira_415_0105.jpg

Sounds like you need a new cartridge.

Or maybe something has gotten lodged inside, stopping it closing completely.

Have a similar problem at home, the cold shuts off ok but passes on the hot side, cartridge was quite dear so popped a ball valve between the outlet and shower hose. Which will do until I get around to replacing the bathroom

Have a similar problem at home, the cold shuts off ok but passes on the hot side, cartridge was quite dear so popped a ball valve between the outlet and shower hose. Which will do until I get around to replacing the bathroom

Said like a true plumber about his own home!!

Before forking out for a new cartridge check out the cartridge housing.
The back of the cartridge slots into a water inlet at the back of the casing and the o-ring inside that inlet may have dislodged. They're a pain in the rear to get back in though. Good light,a crochering needle and lots of patience needed if it is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer shower will not turn off! Water keeps on running no matter what setting! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock