Discuss Merging Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer Waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willidh

Hi All,

We're going to buy a condensing Tumble Dryer.
I've seen that instead of emptying the reservoir every day I can connect a waste hose for the tumble dryer.
The thing is that there's only one waste pipe and that's already used by the washing machine.
Trying to wedge two waste hoses into a single drain doesn't seem like a good idea so I was wondering how I can best join the two waste hoses together.
It occurs to me that just using a tee connector might not make sense as I might end up with the output of my washing machine flowing in to the tumble dryer.

Any ideas?

Danny

get a double outlet trap

similar to this FloPlast TW477 Dual Sink & Wash Trap 40mm | NoLinkingToThis

but there are better ones on the market mcalpine ones

if its a standpipe then just tee in another standpipe for the tumble dryer, dont connect the 2 waste hoses together

if its a standpipe then just tee in another standpipe for the tumble dryer, dont connect the 2 waste hoses together

Thanks for your replies, GQuigley67.
I should have been more specific. The washing machine waste hose feeds into a vertical pipe coming up from the ground. The pipe doesn't have a threaded end so I'm not sure how I'd screw on a tee.
I presume there are appropriate fittings out there, but being a novice I don't know what to search for.

Danny

One of these on the top of the standpipe, cut the standpipe down when you fit this so the washer hose isn't any higher than it is now, check it is 40mm, it may be 32mm.

Universal Compression Waste Equal Tee 40mm | NoLinkingToThis

Then put one of these on the branch of the T pointing up

Hose Connector | NoLinkingToThis

There won't be much coming out of the dryer waste so it won't flood out

Superstar!
Cheers - will get right on it (once we've bought the tumble dryer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Merging Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer Waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi All, I'm plumbing in a washing machine into our new house and rather than a normal waste pipe this house just has a hole in the ground. It...
Replies
Views
Need to plumb in a new washing machine. The room has a sink and toilet one one side, and at the other end of the room, enough space for washing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock