Discuss McAlpine sink strainer plug in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boatpeople

I am trying to source a sink strainer waste plug because the existing one has a corroded rubber seal, meaning the secondary sink doesn't hold water. The nearest I can find is on eBay or Amazon for a "Kitchen sink strainer waste plug. McApline BWSTSS-TOP" however these are all invariably the 78mm diameter size; I require a 2 inch (50mm) diameter sink strainer plug, or at the very least a replacement seal. Can anyone provide a lead for finding one?

Replace the seal with Plumbers Mait or silicon would do the trick.

I have posted photos here - [DLMURL]https://picasaweb.google.com/109582325338294488655/KitchenSink?authuser=0&feat=directlink[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL]https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OKRwxa53gqeMqy57QHwqUtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry i misunderstood your original post. It looks like the same seal is used on both waste plugs.
Perhaps buy the common unit and transfer it to your old unit.

Sorry i misunderstood your original post. It looks like the same seal is used on both waste plugs.
Perhaps buy the common unit and transfer it to your old unit.
i agree the seals look the same to me as well

The seal on the smaller strainer plug has a smaller outside diameter however I think its the inside perforations that stops the water from draining and this is the same diameter as the larger strainer plug. Have swapped the plugs around and the small plug works in the larger waste. Plan of action is to purchase the standard seal for 78mm plug and to fit it on the 50mm strainer plug. Thanks all for your help.

Take your old one down to any plumbers merchants and ask them to find a match for it. Gives us something to moan about having to stand waiting behind you :lol:

Just pulling your leg. I don't wait i just help myself if its busy and leave a list of what i've taken.

Great the stuff you find on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to McAlpine sink strainer plug in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had to replace my kitchen sink waste strainer and have struggled to find a direct replacement. The old fitting is plastic with a screw on top to...
Replies
Views
I am looking for a specific basin strainer for one of two sinks in a vanity unit. Cannot find anywhere. Not standard. Will have to change whole...
Replies
Views
I am looking for these exact parts to replace my bathroom sink strainer and stopper. I’ve searched every site I can find, but no luck. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
I've been trying for about a year to replace two click clack plug bolts. I've tried the smallest one I can find here (number 05 @ Replacement Pop...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen sink waste basket plug is broken and I can find one that looks the same type anywhere. I've attached pictures of the half sink plug...
Replies
Views
Back