Search the forum,

Discuss Low pressure in kitchen in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My setup: Well->Pump->Outdoor tank->House plumbing.

It's a small house, so just kitchen, one bathroom and one outdoor faucet located where the water enters the house.

The kitchen sink has very low pressure (both cold and hot) and the washing machine, located in a closet in the kitchen has zero cold water pressure but good hot water pressure. The rest of the fixtures (bathroom and outdoor tap) work fine.

Here's the twist: Every single plumber I've engaged has either been unable or unwilling to fix the problem. The answer as to why probably has something to do with the fact that I live in small town in a developing country.

Advice that I've been able to find online suggests emptying my hot tank and blocking the faucet while I run the cold water, but I'm not seeing how that's going to fix my problem. I'm generally pretty handy when it comes to DIY, just not plumbing, so literally any advice or help is very much welcome.

Reply to Low pressure in kitchen in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated from turning a flat head screw type thing a quarter turn. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock