Search the forum,

Discuss Low hot water pressure, boiler cutting out when mixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi all,

I am at a complete loss. I have lived in my flat for 2 years, it is on the third floor of a 4 floor block containing a total of 13 flats and my water pressure has always been low, since day 1 of moving in i have not been able to have a shower without the hot water cutting out and going cold.

After many different investigations, plumbers have concurred that when the cold is mixed, the hot water going through the boiler is too low and the sensor turns off causing the water to go cold. Whilst in the shower i have to turn the cold tap off again for the boiler to reignite, then the water is too hot so i mix in the cold and it all happens again. This also happens on the kitchen mixer tap. (I have a heatline combi boiler)

Is there ANYTHING i can do to fix this problem without fixing the pressure issue itself? All valves are wide open, non return valves have been added to the boiler feeds and i've had my shower replaced.

I am fed by a water feed from the mains, as far as i am aware there are no water tanks in the building. One other flat on my level is having this problem, but as we are the only ones that own flats in the building, we have not yet checked with people that rent off the freeholder. I know for a fact my freeholder is a nightmare to get hold of, let alone asking him to do anything, so i am trying to find a solution without him.

I have also had thames water round who have said they are supplying what is required of them at street level.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, i'm at my wits end. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low hot water pressure, boiler cutting out when mixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock